Thomas Partey posts first time after weeks of rape speculation


 

Ghana Footballer Thomas Partey has for the first time after rape speculations posted on his social media accounts.

The footballer shared a photo announcing his football club’s match with FC Nurnberg which is expected to take place at 16:30 UK time.



This week, Thomas Partey has been in the news after reports suggested that a 29 years old footballer in North London had been arrested for rape allegations.

Ghanaians and Arsenal fans across the globe have expressed worry but the footballer has been silent on the matter.

This is the first time he has posted since the allegations were rife.

Background

The name of Arsenal footballer Thomas Partey has been mentioned following vague reports that a Premier League international footballer was arrested in North London on suspicion of rape in Barney North London.

However, checks revealed Thomas Partey is not the one arrested as he is currently in Germany with his team mates and same was confirmed via video call. In the video call, it didn’t look like he was in any detention. But other sources differ.

According to the Telegraph, the arrested footballer who was not named is in his late 20s and the police had taken him in for questioning for the incident that took place last month. The arrest was later confirmed by Scotland Yard who issued an official statement stating the footballer is currently in their custody.

Many Twitter users made reference to Partey as his age and profile fitted some of the descriptions by the Police. MyNewsGh.com however confirmed Partey is NOT the person arrested.

Thomas Partey does have a house in North London but it is not clear if it is in the London Borough of Barnet.

Moreover, the police said that they arrested the player from his house in Barnet.

Other people said Granit Xhaka could be the other person of interest. MyNewsGh cannot say although Granit Xhaka does have a house in Barnet. So, we will have to wait until the investigation concludes. 

But on Partey, a journalist also quenched the lies about Thomas Partey arrested in North London over rape urging public to dismiss the allegations.

For legal purposes, the name of the actual footballer arrrsted was not released at the moment, but the Telegraph reported that his club was aware of the development and the subsequent questioning.

“On 4 July, an allegation of rape of a woman in her 20s was reported to police,” the Met Police said in a statement according to the report. “It was reported the alleged rape happened in June 2022.”

The police also said that the well-known footballer was held “at an address in Barnet on suspicion of rape and taken into custody where he remains” and the enquiry is currently “ongoing”.

Most Premier League teams are gearing up for their pre-season fixtures ahead of the new season of English football which starts on August 5. The Telegraph also said that the footballer is quite well known in the footballing world and was going to play in the upcoming World Cup in Qatar.

However, this development can cast a huge shadow on his World Cup dreams and the upcoming days will be crucial in understanding where the investigation leads in this case.

Source: MyNewsGh.com

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Contact Form