Fire guts shoe factory at Atonsu Agogo

 


A gas tank has caught fire at the premises of a shoe factory close to the Lobab International School at Atonsu Agogo in the Kumasi Municipality of the Ashanti Region.


The incident, which occurred on Friday, 17 June 2022, caused thick acrid smoke in the area.


The fire is reported to have started whilst gas was being transferred into a cylinder at the premises.


Students of the Lobab International School, residents close to the scene of the incident and users of the shoe factory had to be evacuated.



Firefighters worked to prevent the gas tank from exploding and the fire from spreading to adjoining buildings.


The fire has since been brought under control.



No casualties were recorded.


-classfmonline

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Contact Form